Sunday, January 3, 2010

Spinning Workshop!















Spinning in the Dell

January 30, 2010

9:30am - 3:00pm
Fair Oaks, California


Open to adults who want to learn how to spin. Beginners will learn on a spindle. Seasoned spindlers will learn the spinning wheel. Limited space available. (Children ages 7-17 able to learn how to spin are welcome to attend with a parent -- email us in advance). Come join Jennifer & Joey Tan at Syrendell for a day of spinning!



Cost
Price includes all spinning fiber used during the workshop, a handout, snacks and a bio-dynamic, organic vegetarian lunch. Spindles, knitting needles, crochet hooks, extra roving, fiber arts supplies, books, silks and other items available for purchase at a discount during the workshop.


Adult: $60
Child (7-17): $48

More information and to register:  www.syrendellacademy.com



Start Spinning: Everything You Need to Know to Make Great Yarn

10 comments:

Linda said...

This sounds so lovely Jennifer, I wish I could be there:)
Warmly
Linda

Joy said...

I wish I lived nearby. My lovely husband bought me a spinning wheel for Christmas and I've no idea how to use it. He also bought me that book, so hopefully it will help. :)

Tan Family said...

Thanks, Linda and Joy! Joy, congrats on the spinning wheel. How wonderful! Work on spinning just 10-15 minutes per day and it will come along before you know it. Watch youtube videos, and if you can, get a spinning lesson. For us, taking a lesson made a huge difference! See if there is a group of spinners in your area. It's helpful to watch others and get tips. The book is wonderful. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Wish I lived closer. Have fun.

Donna said...

If only CA wasn't on the other side of the US!! I will be there in spirit..would LOVE to learn to spin. :)

Alicia said...

Sounds great, if only I didn't live on the other side of the world! I have blogged about your silks, thanks so much, they are beautiful!

June said...

Wish I lived closer! This sounds like such fun... I grew up in a home with an antique spinning wheel. We never used it, but I have been curious all my life. One day, I will learn to use it.

Mama Rose said...

Oh Jennifer, I'm so sad to miss this one! We will be busily packing the house, preparing for the move. Tyler's b-day is the following month, so I do need to run over to Steiner College (as if it's that close-lol!), for some felt and other items. Hopefully we can meet up for lunch?

Tan Family said...

Hi Rose! Good luck with your move. Can't wait to hear all about OR. We will miss you! If your plans change, please come. We'd love to have you here, and we can teach you plying and some other spinning techniques. Yes, let me know if you are around and we can have lunch...any time! :)

Jen said...

It sounds fabulous. I'd love to come to this one, but the timing isn't good. My brother and nephew are coming out for a visit from Chicago that weekend :( but I'm sure it will be marvelous! Can't wait to hear all about it on your blog, though! Have fun!